NEW DELHI: After PM Narendra Modi announced a 21-day lockdown in the country due to the coronavirus pandemic, the ministry of home affairs on Tuesday issued guidelines for essential services that will continue to function.
The MHA provided a list of the services that will be exempted from the lockdown:
* Hospitals and other related medical establishments will continue to remain functional. Transportation of all medical personnel, nurses, para-medical staff, other support services will be permitted.
* Shops, including ration shops (under PDS), dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths will remain functional.
* Banks, insurance offices and ATMs will function.
* Print and electronic media will be permitted.
* Delivery of all essential goods including food, medicine, medical equipment through e-commerce will be permitted.
* * Petrol pumpms, LPG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets