The Government of India has been bracing for enhancing and transformation in the delivery of information/services with the adoption of best ICT practices. Almost each Government department is trying to make services accessible and integrated to citizens. It’s time to recognize these e-governance steps. The National Portal of India gives an ideal front-end for these initiatives as it is a single window access to information and services being provided by the various Indian Government entities. In order to promote more innovative e-governance initiatives, the Digital India Awards have been instituted under the rule of the National Portal of India. The awards also aim to spread awareness about such initiatives.
Eligibility for nomination:
- Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices/ Institutions, State Government Departments/ Offices/ Institutions, District Administrations and Indian Missions Abroad are eligible to apply for the Digital India Awards. A scheme may be nominated for more than one category.
- The Digital India Awards projects at encouraging Government entities, which have made significant contributions towards the implementation of e-Governance and shown an exemplary & innovative approach to achieve administrative efficiency and transparency.
- All entries should be given online in the prescribed Performa. The nomination should be aided by an Authorisation Certificate as per the prescribed format, duly signed by the respective nominating authority. A scanned copy of the certificate should be deposited online and original to be sent by post to the National Portal Secretariat.
- This initiative will aid Indians to become digitally empowered and to ensure that every information is digitally available. Candidates can make online registration at the official website – digitizeindia.gov.in
- This website is to minimize the load of document management (multiple records, formats, languages). Govt. agencies face a number of challenges like searching of specific documents, finding specific data in the document, Extraction of data from the images of the document for processing and after the scanning of a document, govt. workers can extract embedded data in different documents.
- DIP will also give opportunities to the government agencies to become digital enterprises. Moreover, people will get an opportunity to earn reward points and money for simple data entry jobs. This platform will enable volunteers to earn money online.