There are two primary reasons why a resident might need to update the Aadhaar details online –
- To update Demographic Aadhar data,
- To update Biometric Aadhar data.
How to update Demographic Aadhar Data
- Modifications in some life events like marriage might lead to a resident changing his/her basic demographic information such as address, name, and contact number.
- A resident might also need modifications in his/her relative’s information due to a change in life event like death, marriage, etc.
- There might be errors while enrolling because a resident’s demographic details might have been captured incorrectly.
- A resident can modify the enrolled local language to some other, which he/she prefers. In such cases, all the demographic details printed on an Aadhaar have to be changed into the new language.
- The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) might also determine the availabilities of POI (Proof of Identity), POA (Proof of Address) and a few other papers collected during enrolling/updating the demographic details.
How to update Biometric Aadhar Data
- A child is eligible to re-enrol for Aadhaar when he/she attains 5 years, provided that all his/her biometric details are submitted. This request is treated as a fresh enrolment request but retaining the actual Aadhaar number issued to him/her in Baal Aadhar card.
- The resident must furnish all his/her biometrics as soon as he/she reaches 15 years so that the date is updated.
- Events such as diseases or accidents can lead to biometric exceptions.
- The UIDAI might validate the biometric quality captured at the time of update/enrolment and determine a threshold. A resident whose biometrics is below the defined threshold level might be notified to update them as soon as possible.
For every change or correction that is made, a support document is required for proof. These are the two ways by which a cardholder can provide the necessary documents as proof–
- Visit an Aadhar Enrolment Centre for Aadhar data update.
- Visit the UIDAI website for Aadhaar data update online.
Aadhaar Card Verification
To verify an Aadhaar card online, an applicant should have his/her UIN (Unique Identification Number) or Aadhaar number. The steps involved in the process are very simple and easy to follow. The step-by-step Aadhaar card verification can be done online through the official UIDAI website after the residents have registered for the Aadhar card and have obtained the Aadhaar Enrolment number.
Know More About Aadhaar
How to change the address on Aadhaar card through online?
- Step 1: Visit the Self Service Update Portal.
- Step 2: Select the fields to be updated.
- Step 3: Fill in the selected fields with required information in both English as well as regional language (if applicable). Mention the address in full.
- Step 4: Submit the application after which an Update Request Number (URN) will be generated.
- Step 5: Attach scanned copies of the Proof of Address documents in the link provided.
How to register mobile number in Aadhaar card?
A mobile number can be registered in an Aadhaar card by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. The resident has to fill in the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction Form and mention the mobile number. There is no need to provide any proof or document for the process.
How to check Aadhaar card status?
An acknowledgement slip that has Enrolment number is received by the applicant after the Aadhaar enrolment process is complete. The enrolment number is used to check Aadhaar card status and know whether the card is generated, shipped or is still being processed.
How to check if Aadhaar card is dispatched?
Residents can check the status of Aadhaar on the UIDAI website and find out whether it has been dispatched or not.