IIPS was established in 2000 by the Shri Vileparle Kelavani Mandal, visualizing future demands for knowledge on best practices in the management and resourceful utilization of innovation, for constructing core competencies in intellectual property law and for the development of health policies to regulate technological growth. In that direction, IIPS grants comprehensive training in the study and application of the various forms of intellectual properties like patents, copyrights, trademarks, designs, etc. The main idea behind this establishment is to train and educate lawyers, agents, managers, consultants and technical experts from industry and government in the utilization of intellectual property rights, specifically patents and reduce thereby, the distortions and impediments to international and national trade arising out of ignorance of these rights and related laws. After all knowledge by itself does not pay, it is what you do with it that does! by an evolving, market-determined curriculum, a committed pedagogy and dedicated group of expert IP faculty, the focus at IIPS remains on building a robust IP culture and awareness, which in turn would contribute to a strong knowledge economy. It often goes beyond the area of a structured curriculum to successfully design many interesting and industry relevant programs. The infrastructure and state of art help make an ideal and inviting ambiance for learning. The Institute is regularly innovating and there is a continuous effort to grow not only in size and stature but also in depth and content. The response and help received from the corporate and student community is proof of our commitment to our mission.
Admission Procedure for IIPS Courses
- To enroll deposit online Application Form as well as hard copy of the same with 1 passport, 2 Stamp size photographs & attested copy of Mark sheets & Degrees.
- PATENT LAW & PRACTICE (PGDPLP) Course fees can be given in 2 installments by the non-sponsored applicant.
- Additional 12.36% service tax will be applicable for short-term programs.Course/Program fees are accepted by DD only, in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS – IIPS” payable at Mumbai.
- Course fees paid will not be refunded. (As per the Rules & Regulation of the University).
- Diplomas/ Certificates will be awarded only subject to fulfillment of the below criteria:
- 75% attendance
- Assignments to be submitted on schedule
- Presence in the scheduled exams