The Ministry of Textiles is undertaken for the formulation of policy, planning, development, export promotion and regulation of the textile industry in India. This covers all natural, artificial, and cellulosic fibers that go into the making of textiles, clothing, and Handicrafts.
The present Minister of Textiles is Smriti Zubin Irani.
Main works of the Ministry
- Textile Policy & Coordination
- Man-made Fibre/ Filament Yarn Industry
- Cotton Textile Industry
- Jute Industry
- Silk and Silk Textile Industry
- Wool & Woollen Industry
- Decentralised Powerloom Sector
- Export Promotion
- Planning & Economic Analysis