Rajghat is a memorial in loving memory to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi). It is located on the banks of the Yamuna River on Mahatma Gandhi Road. It’s a black marble platform where last rites of Mahatma Gandhi were performed after their demise on 31st January 1948. It is an open-air memorial of Mahatma Gandhi and this place is covering in the large green area.
Rajghat Samadhi Committee was constituted in 1951 in as per with the Rajghat Samadhi Act 1951, to administer Rajghat, the Samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi.
Rajghat Timings, Entry Fee
Timings of Raj Ghat are from 6.30 AM to 6 PM. Rajghat opening time is 6.30 in the morning and closing time is 6 in the night.
It remains open on all days of the week.
No weekly off for Rajghat.
Entry is completely free for Indian and foreigners.
- Visitors must have to remove shoes while entering the memorial.
- Free parking facility is there for the visitors.
- Free RO Drinking facility is there for the visitors.
- Barrier Free movement for Divyang.
- Cafeteria facility is available for the visitors.
- Souvenir Shop, Library, Interpretation Centre, Book Shop is available for the visitors.