The BPL Card will be magnetic stripe based card, which will act as an identification number for the BPL. It will also contain the name of the Head of the family and the validity period of the card, along with a photograph. Capturing of signature/thumb impression, if required can be thought of, however, the current conceptualized card does not take this into consideration.
The objectives of the BPL Card Scheme is:
- To enable least interaction with the Government System (No filling up of forms)
- Provide Identification of the BPL population
- Control misutilization of benefits • Easily Operable System
- Access to a maximum of Rs.1000 credit (at a predefined interest) p.a. payable in one year, at any time • Mobility (Access to the system across the state) The BPL card will be used for schemes covering
- Small Value Individual Schemes across multiple Government Organisations (if so desired in the future)
BPL Card Generation This would involve the following :
- Data Entry / Conversion of the BPL information from the census data already collected by the CRD.
- Capturing of the photographs of the BPL, to be put on the BPL Card
- Merging the photograph data with the BPL information data to generate the BPL database.
- Entry of information of schemes already availed by the BPL across schemes launched by various departments.
- Data Verification
- BPL Card Printing
- Card Distribution
Features of BPL card system:
- Each Head of the BPL family will be issued a card, which will allow him/her to avail facilities of schemes launched by various departments, with minimum / no interaction with government machinery. This system will act as a single window system.
- Each BPL will be allowed a maximum credit of Rs. 1000/- at any time (at a pre-defined interest rate). Any BPL defaulting payments can be debarred from all future benefits/schemes availed by BPLs.
- BPL can request for benefit of schemes under three major heads, viz. Housing, Employment and Small Value Individual Schemes. Based on the eligibility criteria, the request will be recorded and a transaction number will be issued. Request Inquiry can be made with this transaction number. Grievances can also be registered through this system.
- Based on targets, allocations, funds availability, BPL History and requests raised, a priority list will be generated by the system. This will be authorised by a senior official and cannot be modified at field level.
- A proper request monitoring process will be in place, to ensure requests are handled by their priority and any defaults would raise alarms to the highest officials to take required actions