India Post Payments Bank is a public limited company with the government holding a 100% stake by the Department of Posts. The company incorporated on 17th August 2016 is providing doorstep banking. The bank has 650 branches and 3250 customer access points. The organization already organizes 995 ATMs across the country.
Doorstep banking is the facility of giving banking and other financial services at the home of a customer. The vast network of post offices and postal employees provide banking services in the remotest locations of the country. In place of visiting the bank for availing banking services, postal employees will visit the home of the customer to provide the service at a nominal fee. However, no fee is levied for opening a new bank account.
Following services can be availed through doorstep banking:
- Opening a bank account
- Fund transfer
- Cash deposit
- Cash withdrawal
- Recharge and bill payment
People will have to pay a very less fee ranging from ₹ 15 to ₹ 25 on every transaction. The maximum limit for doorstep banking is set to ₹ 10,000.
How to Avail Doorstep Banking by India Post Payments Bank:
- Call 155299 to book an appointment with IPPB representative.
- A confirmation will be sent through SMS
- When the representative receives your home, confirm the visit details.
- Now you can carry out banking services by providing your account number, mobile number or the QR card to the doorstep representative.
Following services are offered by the India Post Payments Bank:
- Savings Account (Balance up to ₹ 1 Lakh)
- Current Account (Balance up to ₹ 1 Lakh)
- Bill Payment and Recharges
- Digital Payment – Remittance Services and Fund Transfer
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
- Group Term Insurance
IPPB also gives third-party financial services such as pension, mutual funds, insurance, forex, etc. To grant these facilities, the organization has partnered with various banks and other financial institutions.
India Post Payments Bank provides following services on accounts of the institution:
- Banking Services Provided by IPPB
- Mobile Banking
- SMS Banking
- Missed Call Banking
- Phone Banking
- QR Card