“Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana” is an elaborated part of Soil Health Management (SHM) of major project National Mission of Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA). InPKVY Organic farming is promoted through the adoption of the organic village by cluster approach and PGS certification.
The Scheme envisages:
- Promotion of commercial organic production through certified organic farming.
- The goods will be pesticide residue free and will contribute to improving the health of the consumer.
- It will increase the farmer’s income and create a potential market for traders.
- It will help the farmers for natural resource mobilization for input production.
- Programme implementation
- clusters of farmers would be motivated to take up organic farming under Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
- Fifty or more farmers will form a cluster having 50-acre land to take up organic farming under the project. In this way tenure of three years, 10,000 clusters will be formed covering 5.0 lakh acre area under organic farming.
- There will be no liability on the farmers for expenditure on certification.
- Each farmer will be given Rs. 20,000 per acre in three years for the seed to harvesting of crops and to transport produce to the market.
- Organic farming will be encouraged by using traditional resources and the organic products will be linked with the market.
- It will raise domestic production and certification of organic produce by involving farmers
- Components and pattern of assistance
Adoption of the Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) certification through the cluster approach
Mobilization of farmers / local people to form a cluster in 50 acres for PGS certification
- Organizing of meetings and discussions of farmers in targeted areas to form organic farming cluster @ Rs. 200 / farmer
- Exposure visit to a member of the group to organic farming fields @ Rs. 200 / farmer
- Making of the cluster, farmer pledge to PGS and Identification of Lead Resourceful Person (LRP) from the cluster
- Training of cluster members on organic farming (3 pieces of training @ Rs. 20000 per training)
PGS Certification and Quality control
- Training on PGS Certification in 2 days @ Rs. 200 per LRP
- Training of Trainers (20) Lead Resource Persons@ Rs. 250 /day/ cluster for 3 days.
- Online Registration of farmer @ Rs.100 per member cluster x 50
- Soil sample collection and testing (21 samples/year/cluster) @ Rs. 190 per sample for three years
- Step documentation of conversion into organic methods, inputs used, cropping pattern followed, organic manures and fertilizer used etc., for PGS certification @ Rs.100 per member x 50
- Inspection of fields of cluster member @ Rs. 400 /inspection x 3 (3 inspections will be done per cluster per year)
- Residue study of samples in NABL (8 samples per year per cluster) @ Rs. 10, 000/ sample
- Certification Charges
- Administrative expenses for certification
Adoption of the organic village for manure management and biological nitrogen harvesting through the cluster approach
Action plan for Organic Farming for one cluster
- Conversion of land to organic @ Rs.1000/acre x 50
- Introduction of cropping system; Organic seed procurement or raising organic nursery @ Rs.500/acre/year x 50 acres
- Traditional organic Input Production units like Panchagavya, Beejamruth and Jeevamruth etc. @ Rs.1500 / unit/acre x 50 acre
- Biological Nitrogen Harvest planting (Gliricidia, Sesbania, etc) @ Rs. 2000/acre x 50 acre
- Botanical extracts production units (Neem cake, Neem oil) @ Rs.1000/unit/ acre x 50 acre
Integrated Manure Management
- Liquid Biofertilizer consortia (Nitrogen fixing / Phosphate Solubilizing/ potassium mobilizing biofertilizer) @ Rs. 500/acre x 50
- Liquid Biopesticides (Trichoderma viridae, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Metarhizium, Beaviourie bassiana, Pacelomyces,verticilliu m) @ Rs. 500 /acre x 50
- Neem Cake/ Neem Oil @ Rs.500/acre x 50
- Phosphate Rich Organic Manure / Zyme Granules @ Rs. 1000/acre x 50
- Vermicompost (size 7’x3’x1’) @ Rs.5000/ unit x 50
Custom Hiring Centre (CHC) charges
- Agricultural implements (As per SMAM guidelines) – Power tiller, Cono weeder, Paddy Thresher, Furrow opener,Sprayer, Rose can, Top Pan balance
- Walk-in tunnels for horticulture (As per guidelines of MIDH)
- Cattle shed / poultry/piggery for animal compost (As per Guidelines of Gokhul Scheme )
Packing, Labeling,and Branding of organic products of cluster
- Packing material with PGS logo + Hologram printing @ Rs. 2500 / acre x 50
- Transportation of organic produce (Four Wheeler, 1.5 tone load capacity) @Rs. 120000 max. assistance for 1 cluster
- Organic Fairs (maximum assistance will be given @ 36330 per cluster )