IFFCO stands for Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited. Multi-state cooperative society looks in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilizers. IFFCO headquartered in New Delhi, India. it is today the biggest co-op in the world by turnover on GDP per capita with around 35,000 member cooperatives reaching over 50 million Indian farmers. When it was started it has only 57 member cooperatives. It was introduced in 1967. IFFCO is India’s largest fertilizer manufacturer with around 19% market share in Urea and around 29% market share in complex fertilizers. IFFCO net worth is $2.3 billion as on March 2018.
IFFCO PLANTS ARE AS FOLLOWING:
- Kalol, Gujarat: Commissioned in 1975 and expanded in 1997, it produces ammonia and urea
- Kandla, Gujarat: Commissioned in 1975 and first expanded in 1981 and again in 1999, it produces NPK (10:26:26), NPK (12:32:16), NP (20:20:0:13), DAP (18:46:0) and water-soluble fertilizers
- Phulpur, Uttar Pradesh: Commissioned in 1981 and expanded in 1997, it produced ammonia and urea
- Aonla, Uttar Pradesh: Commissioned in 1988 and expanded in 1996, it produced ammonia and urea
- Paradeep, Odisha: Taken over in 2005, it produced phosphoric acid, sulphuric acid and phosphoric pentoxide (fertilizer grade)
IFFCO’s central goal is “to empower Indian ranchers to flourish through the opportune supply of solid, fantastic rural information sources and administrations in an ecologically manageable way and to attempt different exercises to enhance their welfare”.
- To give to ranchers excellent manures in the correct time and in satisfactory amounts to build trim profitability.
- To make plants vitality proficient and ceaselessly audit different plans to preserve vitality.
- Pledge to wellbeing, security, condition and ranger service improvement to enhance the nature of network life.
- Pledge to social duties regarding a solid social texture.
- To regulate centre qualities and make a culture of group building, strengthening, and advancement which would help in the incremental development of representatives and empower accomplishment of vital destinations.
- Cultivate a culture of trust, receptiveness and common worry to make working, an empowering and testing background for partners.
- Building an esteem driven association with an enhanced and responsive client centre. A genuine duty to straightforwardness, responsibility, and respectability on a basic level and practice.
- To gain, acclimatize and embrace solid, proficient and financially savvy advances.
- Sourcing crude materials for the generation of phosphatic composts at conservative expense by going into Joint Ventures outside India.
- To guarantee development in the centre and non-centre divisions.
- A genuine agreeable society submitted for cultivating helpful development in the nation. Developing as a dynamic association, focussing on key qualities, seizing open doors for creating and expanding upon past progress, improving profit to augment the investors’ esteem.