Aja Ekadashi 2022 : Ekadashi date has a lot of importance in Hinduism. Ekadashi falls twice in every month. One in Shukla Paksha and one in Krishna Paksha. There are a total of 24 Ekadashis in a year.
Ekadashi Vrat 2022:Ekadashi date has a lot of importance in Hinduism. Ekadashi falls twice in every month.One in Shukla Paksha and one in Krishna Paksha.There are a total of 24 Ekadashis in a year. Ekadashi Tithi is very dear to Lord Vishnu. On this day Lord Vishnu is worshiped by law and order. Ekadashi falling in the Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month is known as Aja Ekadashi. This year Aja Ekadashi fast will be observed on 23rd August. Let’s know Aja Ekadashi worship- method, auspicious time and list of ingredients.
- Ekadashi date starts – August 22, 2022 at 03:35 AM
- Ekadashi date ends – August 23, 2022 at 06:06 AM
- Parana (fast breaking) time – 05:55 AM to 08:30 AM on 24th August
- Dwadashi ending time on Parana Tithi – 08:30 AM
- Brahma Muhurta – 04:26 AM to 05:10 AM
- Abhijit Muhurta – 11:58 AM to 12:49 PM
- Vijay Muhurta – 02:33 PM to 03:25 PM
- Twilight Muhurta – 06:40 PM to 07:04 PM
- Tripushkar Yoga – 10:44 AM to 05:55 AM, Aug 24
- Nishita Muhurta – 12:02 AM, Aug 24 to 12:46 AM, Aug 24
Ekadashi fasting rituals
- Get up early in the morning and retire from bath etc.
- Light a lamp in the temple of the house.
- Anoint Lord Vishnu with Ganga water.
- Offer flowers and Tulsi Dal to Lord Vishnu.
- If possible, keep fast on this day also.
- Worship God.
- Offer food to God. Keep in mind that only sattvik things are offered to God. Tulsi must be included in the Bhog of Lord Vishnu. It is believed that without Tulsi, Lord Vishnu does not accept the bhog.
- Along with Lord Vishnu, worship Goddess Lakshmi on this holy day.
- On this day, meditate more and more on God.
Ekadashi Vrat Puja Material List
- Picture or idol of Shri Vishnu
- sweet Basil
- sweet stuff
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by GOVT.in staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)