Braithwaite came into being more than a century ago in 1913. The firm was established as a subsidiary of the United Kingdom-based company called Braithwaite & Co. Engineers Limited. The motive behind the establishment was to be able to undertake the fabrication of works related to Structural Steel. In 1934, wagons for India Railways were manufactured by the Clive works in Calcutta.
By the year 1930, the firm had registered itself as Braithwaite & Co. (India) Ltd. The year was 1960 when they started manufacturing heavy types of machinery like foundry products, cranes, and other machinery components. Later on, in 1978, heavy projects like the execution of turnkey projects for material handling plants were initiated by the company.
Braithwaite & Co. finally registered as a full fledge India based company on 1st December 1976. They currently have three units named as Clive Works, Victoria Works, and Augus Works. Two of them are installed in Calcutta while the last one operates in Hooghly.
To Know more visit https://braithwaiteindia.com