- One-Time full and final settlement of Rs. 2,000 crore for rehabilitation package for 36,384 such families against the properties they were forced to part with due to war and hostilities.
- Supplementary financial assistance so as to enable such families to run small business or to undertake scientific farming, livestock or other land-based activities, which can provide the displaced families some assured and sustained earning.
- The amount of assistance can also be invested in any annuity scheme, which can give an assured monthly income on sustainable basis.
- The scheme will have a State share of Rs 308/- and Central share of Rs. 5,49,692/- per family, amounting to Rs 5,50,000/- per displaced family.
- The Claimant/Head of the Displaced Persons family or his/her successor or heir residing within the State should be part of the overall category of 36,384 families belonging to any of the following categories: “Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir 1947 Displaced Persons”, “Chhamb 1965 and 1971 (camp/non-camp) Displaced Persons”.
- The family must possess the required documents that can prove aforesaid.
For identification of the beneficiaries, the government of J&K may stipulate credible and verifiable documents. The state government will verify the documents and recommend the name of the beneficiaries along with copy of Aadhar card and Aadhar linked bank account number of the beneficiaries to the MHA.
- Proof of having resided either in PoK or in Chhamb.
- Details of Aadhaar Seeded Bank Account.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by GOVT.in staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)