NEW DELHI: A complete lockdown has been imposed in 560 districts in 32 states and union territories across the country as precautionary measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Meanwhile, curbs have been imposed in only certain areas of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha. A total of 58 districts are under lockdown in the three states.
In Lakshadweep, a partial lockdown has been imposed. Passenger ships are prohibited from entering the island and section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) is in place.
Total number of cases in India has touched the 500 mark, including nine deaths.
More on Covid-19
* Coronavirus pandemic: Complete coverage
* Coronavirus: What are the symptoms
* 52 testing sites for coronavirus in India
* Helpline numbers for states and UTs
* Do fever and cough mean you need Covid-19 test?
* How to stay safe
* How to quarantine yourself at home