Udaan is a project launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to address the low enrollment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between the school education and engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at school level by addressing the three dimensions of education- curriculum design, transaction, and assessments.
- To address the challenge of low enrolment of girls in technical education institutes.
- To enable and empower the girl students to fulfil their aspiration of technical education.
- To minimize the gap between school education & engineering entrance examination.
- To enrich and enhance teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at senior secondary level.
Udaan is designed to provide a comprehensive platform to deserving girl students who aspire to pursue higher education in engineering and support them to prepare for the entrance examinations while studying in Classes XI and XII.
- Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering entrance examination
- Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centres
- Preloaded Tablet to facilitate learning beyond the classroom
- Orientation Session on using technology to all selected students
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
- Remedial steps to correct learning
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
- Motivation sessions with students/parents
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
- The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only.
- All girl students studying in classes XI only from KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognized Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply based on criteria given above.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics; for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced);OBC (NCL) – 27 % , SC – 15 % , ST – 7.5 % ,PWD – 3 % of seats in every category
- The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum
- The chosen students will have a login to an online portal which will be managed on the basis of Class XI and XII with three subject streams – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- This portal will have data in the manner of videos, tutorials, and text. Ideas will be organized on basis of learning taking place in the classroom as per the syllabus of Class XI and XII.
- Students will also have the same content available to them on a preloaded electronic device i.e. tablet allowing them to study in an offline format also.
- Before starting on the program, these students will be given training of technology orientation session at the city centres to make them technology friendly and get comfortable with using the tablet and also the online content.
- Once got access to the portal, student progress will be recorded and tracked on their learning pace. Contact classes will enable on regular interval update on the progress made by the student.