Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship project of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The aim of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with before learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Vocational training needs to create aspirational to transform India into the skill capital of the world. In line with the same, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) intends to make visible and aspirational Model Training Centres (MTCs) in every district of the country. NSDC is the implementation agency for the scheme. This training location will be state-of-the-art Model Training Centres, called as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra ( PMKK ).
The model training centres envisage to:
- Making benchmark institutions that demonstrate aspirational value for competency-based skill development training.
- Aiming at elements of quality, sustainability, and Connection with stakeholders in skills delivery process.
- Enhancing from a Mandate-driven footloose model to a sustainable institutional model.
- Loan aid under the PMKK project shall only be sanctioned to any form of the separate legal entity including but not limited to Company/ Society/Trust, as per the process and applicable laws and guidelines.
- Any entity which has been limited by the Central Government, any State Government, a statutory authority or a public sector undertaking, as the case may be, from participating in any project, and the bar subsists as on the date of the Proposal, would not be eligible to submit a Proposal either by itself or through its Associate.
- NSDC will provide a concessional secured loan funding percenter, up to 75% of the project investment, to cover expenditure only related to:
- Training infrastructure comprising of purchase of plant, machinery & equipment
- Training help and other associated items
- Civil work covers setting up prefabricated structures and retrofits existing structures
- The sustainability of the centers will be assured against dedicated training numbers under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) or its successor projects (any other scheme under MSDE or NSDC).
- Every PMKK will be assured a training mandate for three years, under the PMKVY scheme, as per common terms, subject to capacity and utilization of the center.