The President of India grants the Nari Shakti Puraskar on the International Women’s Day, every year. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has invited Nominations for the 2018 Nari Shakti Puraskar, the Highest Civilian Honor for Women in India. The coveted Award is granted on those exceptional Women and Institutions who have been working incessantly towards the cause of Women Empowerment.
The Nominations for the 2018 Nari Shakti Puraskar are open till 31st October 2018. The desired documents for Nomination are to be deposited to the Deputy Secretary (WD & IC), MWCD, Room No- 632, 6th Floor, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi- 110001. Self-nominations for the Awards are also reviewed. The Selection Committee may at its discretion also grant individuals other than those recommended by the State Governments/Central Ministries.
A Screening Committee will scrutinize and shortlist the nominations came for the Awards and a Selection Committee constituted for the purpose will then consider the achievements of institutions and individuals nominated or recommended for the Awards by the prescribed authority. The outstanding contributions in the field are of primary consideration in identifying the recipients of Awards.
The final selections of the Awardees are made by the National Selection Committee which takes into consideration is the recommendations of the Screening Committee.
The Ministry of Women and Child Development reaffirm its commitment to give equal opportunities to Women by making them an integral part of a nation’s development journey. The Ministry salutes the unbeatable expertise of Nari Shakti Puraskar awardees, who have also become role models for future generations.
Eligibility Criteria for Nomination
- The awards are open to all individuals and institutions.
- In the case of the individual category, the beneficiary must be at least 25 years of age on
- The last date of receipt of the nomination.
- If the applicant is an institution, it should have worked in the desired field for at least 5 years.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded for incredible work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, too – individuals/ groups/institutions / NGOs, etc. in the areas of economic and social empowerment of women.
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals/ groups/ NGOs/ institutions etc. who encouraged women to participate in decision making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; promoted women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, etc.
- An award shall also be given to a State or Union Territory, which has appreciably improved Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
Nominations for the award shall be invited from:
(a) State Governments, Union Territory Administrations, related Central Ministries/Departments.
(b) Non-Governmental Organizations, Universities/ Institutions, Private and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
(c) The Selection Committee may also, suomoto, consider an individual/ institution for the award with sufficient justification.
(d) Self-nominations for the awards shall also be recommended.
The Nominations would be sent to the Ministry of Women and Child Development with details as per application form along with supporting documents as mentioned in the application form.