This Scheme introduced in 2007 and is basically for the widowed. It is similar to that of the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme(IGDNWPS). The state scheme has a larger target group because it encompasses has a larger age bracket. The PRIs have the responsibility to choose beneficiaries. The cash transfer is done through the Post Office. The project was maintained by the department of social welfare and is sponsored by the state government
To give financial assistance to widows.
The following criteria should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under this scheme:
- Widowed women in the age group of more than 18 years and those above 65 years who are not eligible for availing the national pension schemes are eligible for benefits in this Scheme.
- Women more than 18 years of age, whose annual income from all sources is lower than rupees 60,000 /- per annum
- Women More than 18 years of age whose income from every source is below rupees 60,000 /- per annum
- Women equal to or above 60 years of age whose income from all sources is below rupees 60,000 /- per annum
- Women equal to or above 60 years of age who were previous beneficiaries of the Laxmi Bai Social Security Pension Scheme and were not included under the National Old Age Pension Scheme due to not being listed in the BPL list;
- Women who are residents of Bihar or have been residing in the State for at least the last 10 years from the date of application.
A pension of Rs. 300/- per month
How To Apply
- Contact to The Sub Divisional Officer
- Contact to Block Development Officer
- Visit to e-Labharthi Online Portal Bihar Website to Apply Online.