NACO envisions an India where each person living with HIV has access to quality care and is treated with dignity. Effective prevention, care, and aid for HIV/AIDS are possible in an environment where human rights are respected and where those infected or affected by HIV/AIDS live a life without stigma and discrimination.
NACO has taken steps to ensure that people living with HIV have equal access to quality health services. By fostering a close bond with NGOs, women’s self-help groups, faith-based organizations, positive people’s networks, and communities, NACO hopes to enhance access and accountability of the services. It stands committed to constructing an enabling environment wherein those infected and affected by HIV play a critical role in all responses to the epidemic – at state, district and grassroots level.
NACO is thus committed to having the spread of HIV in India by building an all-encompassing response reaching out to diverse populations. We endeavor to provide people with proper, complete and consistent information about HIV, promote the use of condoms for protection, and emphasize treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. NACO serves to motivate men and women for a responsible sexual behavior.
NACO believes that people required to be aware, motivated, equipped and empowered with knowledge so that they can safeguard themselves from the impact of HIV. We confront a stark reality – HIV can happen to any of us. Our hope is that anyone can be saved from the infection with proper information on prevention. NACO is making on a foundation of care and support and is committed to regularly fabricate strategic responses for combating HIV/AIDS situation in India.
- Constructing an integrated response by reaching out to diverse populations.
- A National AIDS Control Programme that is tightly rooted in evidence-based planning.
- Achievement of development goals
- Time to time dissemination of transparent estimates on the spread and prevalence of HIV/AIDS
- Constructing an India where every person is safe from HIV/AIDS
- Constructing partnerships
- An India where every person has accurate knowledge about HIV and contributes to eradicating stigma and discrimination
- The country where every pregnant woman living with HIV has the choice to bring an HIV free baby into the world
- An India where each human being has access to Integrated Counselling & Testing Centres (ICTCs)
- An India where each human being living with HIV is treated with dignity and has access to quality care
- An India where each human being will eventually live a healthy and safe life, supported by technological advances
- An India where each human being who is highly vulnerable to HIV is heard and reached out to.