The dynamic growth of the Indian Pharma Industry and the recommendations of four major National Pharma associations built the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt of India to realize the need for separate export promotion council. Accordingly, Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India (PHARMEXCIL) has been established on 12.5.2004. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry vide Public Notice No. 61/2004-09, dated 16.03.2005 has made Pharmexcil the only agency to issue RCCs to all Pharma exporters. The activities of the Council are administered by Committee of Administration comprising of representatives from Pharma Industry, National Pharma Associations like IDMA, BDMA, IPA, ADMA & ABLE and Officials from DoC, DoP, MoH & DBT, Govt of India.
- publish of RCMC
- Managing Trade delegations/Buyer-Seller Meetings at abroad
- Managing Reverse Buyer-Seller Meetings in India
- Helping members to get their MDA/MAI claims refunded from Govt. of India
- Dissemination of trade inquiries got from abroad
- Publish of Certificate of Origin
- Managing periodical Seminars/Interactive meetings on exports related issues
- Create suggestions to Govt. of India on policy issues relating to Pharma exports
- Create representations to Govt. of India and other agencies in India and abroad to get amicable solutions for the common problems of the industry.
Products and services falling under the purview of our council envelop Bulk Drugs and its intermediates; Formulations, Herbal, Ayurvedic, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathic medicines; Biotech and biological products; Diagnostics, Surgical, Neutraceuticals, and Pharma industry concerned services like Collaborative research, Contract manufacturing, Clinical trials, and Consultancy.