Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) tries to engage youthful young ladies, in order to empower them to assume the responsibility for their lives. It is seen as an all-encompassing activity for the improvement of youthful young ladies. The program through its mediations goes for achieving a distinction in the lives of the youthful young ladies. It looks to furnish them with a chance to understand their maximum capacity.
This plan is an update of the officially existing Adolescent Girls (AG) Scheme being actualized as a segment under the midway supported Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme. The new plan drastically broadens the scope of the prior plan with noteworthy substance advancement, fortifies the preparation segment, especially in ability improvement, viewpoints went for strengthening and upgraded self-discernment. It additionally cultivates combination with other sectoral programs, tending to the interrelated needs of youthful young ladies and ladies.
- To improve the nutritional and health status of girls in the age group of 11-18 years.
- To provide the required literacy and numeracy skills through the non-formal stream of education
- To encourage a desire for more social exposure and knowledge and to support them improve their decision-making capabilities
- To train and equip the adolescent girls to improve/ upgrade home-based and vocational skills
- To promote awareness of health, hygiene, nutrition and family welfare, home management, and child care, and to take all measure as to facilitate their marrying only after attaining the age of 18 years and if possible, even later
- To gain a better understanding of their social environment related issues and the impact on their lives and take initiatives to become productive members of the society.
- To encourage adolescent girls to initiate various activities to be productive and useful members of the society
- To improve the nutritional, health and development status of adolescent girls, promote awareness on health, hygiene, nutrition, and family care
- To link them to opportunities for learning life skills, to train and equip the adolescent girls to improve/upgrade home-based and vocational skills.
The goals of the Scheme are to enhance the wholesome, wellbeing and advancement status of young ladies, advance familiarity with wellbeing, cleanliness, and family responsibility, connect them to open doors for learning fundamental abilities, returning to class, enable them to pick up a superior comprehension of their social condition and take activities to end up individuals from the general public.
- Total no. of squares in the nation: 6118
- Number of squares secured under KSY: 6118
- Target Group Adolescent Girls (11-18 yrs.)
- Infrastructural offices Existing ICDS framework
- Money related Norms Rs. 1.10 lakh for every ICDS venture per annum