National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) is a National level organization established under Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India located at 4th and 5th Floor of Institute of Pathology (ICMR) Building in Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi. It has the following two divisions:
- National Human Organ and Tissue Removal and Storage Network
- National Biomaterial Centre
This has been regulated as per the Transplantation of Human Organs (Amendment) Act 2011. The network will be set up initially for Delhi and gradually expanded to include other States and Regions of the country. Thus, this division of the NOTTO is the major networking agency for Delhi and shall network for Procurement Allocation and Distribution of Organs and Tissues in Delhi.
National Network division of NOTTO would work as apex center for All India activities of coordination and networking for procurement and distribution of Organs and Tissues and registry of Organs and Tissues Donation and Transplantation in the country. The following tasks would be undertaken to facilitate Organ Transplantation in the safest way in shortest possible time and to collect data to develop and publish National registry:-
At National Level :
- Lay down policy aforesaid rules and protocols for various functions.
- Network with the same regional and state-level organizations.
- All registry data from States and Regions would be collected and published.
- Promoting awareness, promotion of organ donation and transplantation activities.
- Co-ordination from procurement of organs and tissues to transplantation when organ is allocated outside the area.
- Dissemination of information to all concerned organizations, hospitals and person.
- Monitoring of transplantation works in the Regions and States and maintaining data-bank in this regard.
- To help in data management for organ transplant surveillance & organ transplant and Organ Donor Registry.
- Consultancy help on the legal and non-legal aspects of donation and transplantation.
- Coordinate and Organize trainings for different cadre of workers.
- Coordination for tissue procurement and distribution
- Donor Tissue Screening
- Removal of Tissues and Storage
- Preservations of Tissue
- Laboratory screening of Tissues
- Tissue Tracking
- Records maintenance, Data Protection, and Confidentiality
- Quality Management in tissues
- Patient Information on tissues
- Development of Guidelines, Protocols and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assisting as per requirement in the registration of other Tissue Banks