Aadhaar-PAN name mismatch: If your name is different in PAN and Aadhaar Card, you will face challenges in linking your PAN card with Aadhaar Card.
Mismatch of Aadhaar-PAN name
If you are trying to interface your Aadhaar Card with the PAN Card, and it’s not happening, then you have to check the details registered with Asdhaar and PAN cards. If you want to link Aadhaar Card with PAN, you have to ensure that your necessary information such as gender, your name, and date of birth should be same in both the records. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) issues Aadhaar Card. This is a 12-digit identification number. It is issued free of cost to the people. The Income Tax Department issues the Permanent Account Number (PAN). PAN is a ten-digit alphanumeric number. One must remember that each assessee – firm, individual, company, etc. – get a different PAN.
How is it possible?
Often people look for what would happen if names in PAN and Aadhaar Card are not the same. If your name is different in Aadhaar and PAN Card, you will face difficulties in linking your PAN and Aadhaar Card. If there is a minor difference in the name registered with PAN with that of Aadhaar Card, you will get an Aadhaar One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar card. However, to get that OTP, PAN cardholders should make sure that details related to gender and date of birth in Aadhaar and PAN remain the same. If names in the PAN and Aadhaar did not match completely, then the linking will fail. In that situation, the concerned individual will need to make the necessary changes in either PAN database or Aadhaar.
Here’s A Quick tip to resolve Aadhaar Pan name mismatch
How TO CHANGE NAME ON ADHAAR CARD?
1. The name on the Aadhaar Card database can be updated online or at an Aadhaar enrolment center.
2. You need to visit SSVP Portal if you want to change your name on the Aadhaar Card.
3. The fields need to be selected which you want to update or change in Aadhaar.
4. Subsequently, the data is required in order to be filled in the selected fields.
5. You need to submit the form to generate a Unique Request Number (URN).
6. Then you need to select the BPO for review of update. At last, you need to attach the original scan of the supporting document.
7. Finally, you can check the updated Aadhaar status by using the URN.
If you want to opt for a traditional way to change the name in Aadhaar Card you can visit your nearest enrolment center. You can likewise download the Aadhaar update form at UIDAI’S website
HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON PAN CARD.
To update your name in PAN, you are required to visit the site https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html.
1. You need to select the Application Type – Correction or Changes in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data).
2. You have to fill other application information such as Title, First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, PAN Number, Email Id.
3. After that, you have to confirm whether you are a citizen of India or not and then submit captcha code.
5. Finally, a Token Number is generated, and you have to continue with the PAN Application Form. You can get the PAN correction form online from https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html.