Lankesh murder


Lankesh murder

A moment after a Special Investigating team (SIT) of the Karnataka Police, probing the murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh filed an additional charge sheet naming radical right-wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara Saturday said the state government would soon take a call on banning the organization.

“No discussions have taken place regarding the organizations involved in the crime, but shortly we will finalize a decision on that,” he was quoted as saying by news agency PTI.

The SIT has sought time from the court to investigate the case further. It had named 18 persons, comprising shooter Parashuram Waghmare and masterminds Amol Kale, Sujith Kumar alias Praveen and Amit Degwekar in the 9,235-page charge sheet on Friday. The gang seems to be involved in the killing of three other rationalists M M Kalburgi, Narendra Dabholkar, and Govind Pansare.

The charge sheet published Friday is the second in the case after the SIT on May 30 filed a preliminary charge sheet against KT Naveen Kumar, the first suspect who was arrested on March 2. In its first charge sheet, the SIT quoted Kumar as saying that Lankesh was killed for her “anti-Hindu views”. Kumar, 37, a member of the Hindu Yuva Sena, was allegedly told of the murder plot after he attended a convention of the Sanatan Sanstha and HJS in Goa in June 2017.

Lankesh, 55, known for her left-leaning and strong anti-Hindutva policies, was shot dead in front of her house in Bangalore on September 5 last year, triggering nationwide outrage.

Previous Will Telangana Congress chief get re-elected? YSRC, TDP voter hold key
Next Jallianwala Bagh memorial to get the facelift

No Comment

Click on a tab to select how you'd like to leave your comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *