NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the 63rd edition of ‘Mann ki Baat’ and addressed the prevaling condition in the country due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus (Covid-19).
The Prime Minister started his speech asserting the necessity of imposing the 21-day lockdown of the country to check the spread of virus and apologized for any inconvenience it may have caused to the people of the country.
Here is a look at some of the highlights from PM Modi’s ‘Mann ki Baat’ address —
- Together, India will defeat Covid-19. The Lockdown will keep you as well as your families safe.
- The battle against Covid-19 is tough and it did require some tough decisions. It is important to keep the people of India safe.
- In times such as these, precautions are most important.
- There are many soldiers who are fighting coronavirus, not in the confines of their homes but outside their homes. These are our front line soldiers-especially our brothers and sisters on duty as nurses, doctors and paramedical staff.
- I understand that no one wants to break rules deliberately, but there are some people who are doing so. To them, I will say that if they don’t follow this lockdown, it will be difficult to protect ourselves from the danger of coronavirus.
- Coronavirus has imprisoned the entire world. The virus is challenging everyone — knowledge, science, poor, rich, weak, powerful.
- Its spread is neither bound by boundaries of nation nor is it governed by region. It doesn’t even care for the weather.
- I know no one wants to break the law. However, still some people are doing it because they do not understand the seriousness of the situation. If you break the rules of lockdown then it would be difficult to stop the virus.