Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY), a flagship program of the NDA government, has shown to be a great support to families below the poverty line (BPL), especially women.
Over 80 million families have been benefited from the scheme. On 9 September, PM Narendra Modi himself distributed the 80th million free cooking gas connection to Ayesha Sheikh Rafique of Aurangabad.
This trendy scheme has benefitted over 1.46 crore BPL families in UP, 88 lakh in West Bengal, 85 lakh in Bihar, 71 lakh in Madhya Pradesh and 63 lakh in Rajasthan.
How one can get the full benefit of the scheme here, it is, which is considered as one of the main reasons for the popularity of the Modi government in rural areas and BPL families.
Who can avail the benefit of Ujjwala Yojana
All BPL families can get benefit from this scheme. The classification of the BPL families is done by Socio-Economic Caste Census Data 2011.
The scheme also covers all SC/STs households’ beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) (Gramin), Antyoday Anna Yojana (AAY), forest dwellers, Most Backward Classes (MBC), tea and ex-tea garden tribes, and people are living in Islands/river islands with no LPG connection.
How to apply for the scheme
• Any adult women from a BPL family can ask for a deposit free LPG gas connection under the Ujjwala scheme, with the condition that no LPG connection exists in the name of any member of her house.
• While applying, the woman needs to submit a detailed address, Jan Dhan Bank Account and Aadhar number of all members of the family
The connection will be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the eligible beneficiaries after processing the application.
• In case the consumer chose for EMI, the EMI amount will be settled against the subsidy amount due to the consumer on each refill.
The form can be downloaded from the website Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana. Also, One can get the PMUY Form from the nearest LPG distributor.
Necessary documents Required
• BPL Card
• Photo ID Card (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card)
• Passport size photo
• Copy of a BPL ration card
• LIC Policy
• Jan Dhan Account statement
• Copy of Socio-Economic Caste Census Data 2011 with the applicant name
The scheme was launched by PM Modi on 1 May 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh and run by the central government with the help of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
It intends to safeguard the health of women by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – LPG so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens.
The connections are issued in the name of women of the households,
to ensure women’s empowerment.
According to the WHO report, smoke inhaled by women from unclean fuels like firewood, coal, dung – cakes, is equal to burning 400 cigarettes in an hour.
prime minister ujjwala yojana scheme, prime minister ujjwala yojana online application, Prime minister ujjwala, yojana kyc application, prime minister ujjwala yojana online form