A scholarship scheme by the Industries and Commerce Dept., Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir to provide financial support to the children of Artisans/Weavers of Handicrafts and Handloom Depts. in completion of education. The scholarship shall be provided to a maximum of two children of Weaver/Artisan. The payment shall be made on Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the student. ₹1500 per year up to primary education; ₹ 2000 per year for Classes 6th to 10th; ₹ 3000 per year for Classes 11th and 12th; As per actual course fee fixed by the Government for Technical/Professional Courses.
Rate of the Scholarship:
- ₹1500 per year up to primary education
- ₹ 2000 per year for Classes 6th to 10th
- ₹ 3000 per year for Classes 11th and 12th
- As per the actual course fee fixed by the Government for Technical/Professional Courses.
- The payment shall be made on Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the student.
- The parent of the applicant should be a Weaver/Artisan.
- The parent should be registered with the Handicrafts and Handloom Departments having valid registration car/certificate.
- The applicant should not have availed benefits under the following schemes being implemented by the departments: Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme; Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme; Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme; Any other scheme. The applicant shall seek NOC from the concerned Zonal Educational Officer and Tehsil Social Welfare Officer.
- The applicant should fulfill one of the following conditions:
- The applicant should have a Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card, Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Card, Priority Household (PHH) Card.
- The applicant should have Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate.
- The total annual income of the parents of the applicant should be less than or equal to ₹90,000. The Income Certificate should be issued by 1st Class Magistrate/Tehsildar concerned.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
- Any other scheme.
- Aadhaar Number of Self
- Registration Card/Certificate of the parent (Handicrafts and Handloom Department, Govt. of Jammy and Kashmir).
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card / Priority House Hold (PHH) Card / Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Card (OR) Economic Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate (OR) Income Certificate (less than ₹90,000 per annum) issued by 1st Class Magistrate/Tehsildar concerned.
- Proof of Educational Qualification
- Bank Details
- Domicile Certificate
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by GOVT.in staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)