Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric-enabled digital service for pensioners. The benefit is taken of this facility by Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization.
More than One Crore families in India can be claimed as pensioner families, where the pension given by the various government bodies forms the basis for their income and sustainability. In addition to this Army and Defense Personnel, drawing pension exceeds Twenty-five lakhs. There are about Fifty Lakh pensioners of the Central Government and a similar number of the various State and UT Governments and various other government agencies. This includes pensioners from the different public sector enterprises. Jeevan Pramaan uses the Aadhaar platform for biometric authentication of the pensioner. A successful authentication generates the Digital Life Certificate which gets stored in the Life Certificate Repository. The Pension Disbursing Agencies can access the certificate online.
One of the major requirements for the pensioners post their retirement from service, is to provide life certificates to the authorized pension disbursing agencies like Banks, Post offices etc., following which their pension is credited to their account. In order to get this life certificate the individual drawing the pension is required to either personally present oneself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by authority where they have served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency.
- Download the PC/ Mobile application or alternatively visit the nearest Jeevan Pramaan Centre to get yourself registered.
- Provide necessary information like Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank Name, and your Mobile number.
- To authenticate yourself Provide your biometrics, either a fingerprint or Iris (Jeevan Pramaan uses the Aadhaar Platform for online biometric authentication )
Access your Certificate
- By providing the Jeevan Pramaan ID or Aadhaar number you can download a PDF copy of the certificate from the Jeevan Pramaan website
- After a successful authentication, an SMS acknowledgement is sent to your mobile number including your Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
- The certificates are stored in the Life Certificate Repository for making it available anytime and anywhere for the pensioner and the Pension Disbursing Agency.
Pension Disbursing Agency
- The Pension Disbursing Agency can access the Life Certificate from the Jeevan Pramaan website, and download the same.
- Without any manual intervention, the Life Certificates can also be electronically delivered to the Pension Disbursing Agency (Pension Disbursing Agency can get in touch with our team, to enable the e-delivery facility )
Responsibilities of Disbursing Authority
- Disbursing Agency on board on the system has to download DLC from the portal on regular basis. Downloaded DLCs are to be processed in a timely manner.
- Disbursing Agency may have to send status related DLCs via SMS to the pensioners.
- Aadhaar Act, 2016 Government of India has enacted the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- The sanctioning authorities and Disbursing Agencies have to follow the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- The DLC data cannot be shared with any Agency other than the pensioners’ Sanctioning and Disbursing Agency (as specified in the consent taken).
- The Digital Life certificate is an add-on facility to the existing way of submission of Life Certificate.
- The government may review the above guidelines from time to time to address any emerging needs/ requirements.
- For any clarification related to Jeevan Pramaan, email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org