In India, the poor have restricted access to cooking gas (LPG). The spread of LPG usage has been overwhelmingly in the urban and semi-urban zones with the scope generally in white collar class and rich family units. Be that as it may, there are not kidding wellbeing perils related with cooking in light of petroleum derivatives.
As per WHO gauges, around 5 lakhs unnatural death in India occurs alone because of unclean cooking fills. The greater part of these unexpected losses was expected to non-transmittable illnesses, for example, coronary illness, stroke, interminable obstructive pneumonic ailment, and lung tumour. Indoor air contamination is likewise in charge of a critical number of intense respiratory ailments in youthful kids. As per specialists, having a start shooting in the kitchen resembles consuming 400 cigarettes 60 minutes. Giving LPG associations with BPL family units will guarantee the general scope of cooking gas in the nation. This measure will enable ladies and secure their well-being. It will diminish drudgery and the time spent on cooking. It will likewise give work to provincial youth in the production network of cooking gas. While the determination of recipients would be from the BPL families just, inclination would be given to SC/ST and weaker segments of society.
While giving the new associations with BPL family units, the need would be given to the States which have brought down LPG scope (contrasted with the national normal) as on first Jan 2016. The arrival of LPG association under this Scheme will be for the sake of the ladies having a place with the BPL family. The Government has additionally chosen to cover the accompanying classifications under the Scheme:-
All SC/STs family units recipients of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY) (Gramin)
- Antyoday Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Woods inhabitants
- Most Backward Classes (MBC)
- Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes
- Individuals dwelling in Islands
- Individuals dwelling in waterway islands.
- Length of the plan
The Scheme would be actualized more than three years, to be specific, the FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 the nation over.
Usage modalities of the plan
- A Person of the BPL family unit, which does not approach LPG association may apply for another LPG association (in the endorsed organize) to the LPG merchant.
- While presenting the application frame, the lady will submit subtle elements, similar to Address, Jandhan/Bank Account and Aadhar number (if the Aadhar number isn’t accessible, steps would be taken as a team with UIDAI for the issue of Aadhar number to the lady of BPL family)
- The LPG Field authorities will coordinate the application against SECC – 2011 database and, in the wake of determining their BPL status, enter the subtle elements (name, address and so forth) into a devoted OMC Web entryway through a login/secret word given by the OMCs
- OMCs will embrace electronically the de-duplication practice and different measures for due tirelessness for another LPG association
- The association will be issued by the OMC to the qualified recipients (after fruition of different stages above).
- While the association charges would be borne by the Government, the OMCs would give a choice to the new buyer to select EMIs, in the event that she so wants, to take care of the expense of a cooking stove and first refill. The EMI sum might be recuperated by the OMCs from the appropriation sum because of the shopper on each refill; in the event that the State Government or a deliberate association or an individual wishes to contribute the cost of a stove and additionally the first refill, they would be allowed to do as such in a joint effort with the OMCs. Be that as it may, this would be under the general umbrella of PMUY and no other Scheme name/slogan would be permitted without express endorsement of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoP&NG)
- OMCs will likewise sort out Melas’ in different areas for the arrival of associations with BPL families. This will be done within the sight of open agents and recognized identities of the territory.
- The plan will cover BPL families under all types of distributorship and for different sizes of barrels (like 14.2 kg, 5 kg, and so forth.) contingent upon the field circumstance.
Under the plan, five crore LPG associations are to be given to BPL family units. The Scheme gives a money related help of Rs 1600 for each LPG association with the BPL families. The managerial cost of Rs. 1600 for every association, which incorporates a barrel, weight controller, booklet, security hose, and so forth would be borne by the Government.