An Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit number which is issued to every resident living in India based on their demographic and biometric data. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) collects essential data and stores it in their secured database for further processing.
Aadhaar Services And Benefits
The UIDAI provides a platform for Aadhaar that helps authorities to electronically validate the identity of residents safely and quickly. The online Aadhaar portal also makes service delivery more economical and effective. The Aadhaar services provided online are mentioned here –
- A resident who wants to register for Aadhaar can locate various bank/post office Aadhar centres – for enrolment or updating in Aadhar.
- After the registration is complete, the resident can check the status of Aadhar application online.
- To verify if the Aadhaar number is valid and is not deactivated, an Aadhaar cardholder can avail the UIDAI service.
- UIDAI also allows a resident to verify email ID and mobile number by accessing the online service.
- Aadhar authentication is safe because the cardholder can use UIDAI service to lock and unlock their biometrics.
- A resident can check if an Aadhaar card is linked to the bank account through the service that fetches the linking status from NPCI Server.
- The facility to check Aadhaar Authentication history lets a cardholder view the details of authentication done with his/her Aadhaar card.
Eligibility for Aadhaar Card
Any resident of India including newborns and minors. Read about Aadhaar card for a child now to know more about Baal Aadhaar card.
The process of Aadhar enrolment includes visiting the respective Enrolment Centre, filling the form, submitting the address and ID documents, getting the biometric and demographic data captured, and finally, receiving an acknowledgement slip that has the Enrolment ID.
The UIDAI accepts several PoA (Proof of Address) and PoI (Proof of Identity) documents. One can go to an authorized Aadhar enrolment centre with these documents required for Aadhaar card to enrol his/her name. The UIDAI also has options for those who do not have valid proofs.
The UIDAI provides an updated list from which a resident would be able to know where to enrol for Aadhaar card.
How To Download/Print Aadhaar Card?
If a resident has enrolled for Aadhar card but has not received the physical copy, he/she can download it online from the UIDAI website. The PDF version of the Aadhaar card can be downloaded from the portal. The e-Aadhaar can be printed and it is equally accepted everywhere. The resident can either download and print the Aadhar soft copy or use it in its digital version. Read about how to download Aadhaar card online for more details about the process.