A professional body under the aegis of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) which ensures focused action on issues concerned to IPRs and addresses the 7 identified objectives of the policy. CIPAM helps in simplifying and streamlining of IP processes, apart from undertaking steps for furthering IPR awareness, commercialization and enforcement.
- Easing and streamlining of IP processes by formulating and implementing a focused strategy for each policy objective
- Managing with State level agencies and Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India, industry bodies as well as international agencies; IP cells to be set up
- IPR organizing campaign across the country in schools, colleges/universities, and the industry
- Helping and sensitization programmes for enforcement agencies and Judiciary; coordination for effective enforcement of IPR rights.
- Survey and facilitate implementation of best practices for promotion and commercialization of IP within the country
CIPAM in association with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) set up an “IPR Enforcement Toolkit” for the police. This Toolkit assists police officials in dealing with IP crimes, in particular, counterfeiting and piracy, which are a huge menace to the IP owners not only in India but globally. Programs for the training of police officials on IP Enforcement have been managed by CIPAM in association with IP experts from law firms and the industry across India.
- CIPAM is working towards establishing.
- Public awareness about IPRs in India.
- Promoting the filing of IPRs by facilitation.
- Giving inventors with a platform to commercialize their IP assets and coordinating the implementation of the National IPR Policy in collaboration with government ministries/department and another stakeholder.