eBasta is a framework to create school books accessible in digital form as e-books to be read and used on tablets and laptops. The important idea is to bring various publishers (free as well as commercial) and schools together on one platform. Besides the portal, a back-end framework to help the organization and easy management of such resources have also been made, along with the web-based applications that can be installed on tablets for navigating the framework.
The framework, implemented as a portal, brings combined three categories of stakeholders: the publisher, the school and the student. It facilitates them with the following primary functionalities:
- School/ Teachers: Browse content, pick what suits, arrange into bastas (a collection of e-contents)
- Students: Identify e-content/bastas of interest and download
- Publishers – Upload and manage content in the portal
How to use eBasta?
Login and Accessing eBasta
You can use the eBasta from any android establish tablet, mobile phone, etc via eBasta App.
School / Teachers
- Making an account as “teacher” in the e-Basta portal. To open an account, click on the “Register” link. Fill out the registration forms and you’ll have a registered account.
- Create eBasta – a compilation of “eContent” organized in a hierarchical way.
- eBasta assists you to choose the best of eContent from different sources, and make it available at one click to your students.
- The eBasta can be compiled by using eContent facilitating by popular publishers.
- eContent can be an eBook (textbook chapter or an entire book) or Animation or Video.
- The “Search e-Content” menu helps you to find your eBook based on class and subject.
- Once the e-Content is selected, add into your cart and finally makes as an ebasta.
- You can share the name of the eBasta you make to your students. The basta names are eccentric. The student can look for that eBasta on eBasta portal and then download it. A number of other attributes are also available for a ebasta, which can also be used for find if needed.
- Look for your relevant “eBasta” (a compilation of “eContent” organized in a hierarchical fashion by a School or teacher
- You can survey for the required eBasta and then purchase the eBasta. You can also see the available eBastas and purchase the desired eBasta. The acquired e-bastas are available for download into your reading device.
- Cost of an eBasta is the total cost of the eContent it combines. Some eContents are free of cost, while some have a cost associated with it. Price of the eBasta changes accordingly.
- When you acquired an eBasta, you get a copy of eBasta along with its contents (only the items you have purchased). If the eBasta is available for free, on successful Order execution, you get a link to download the eBasta. If the eBasta is paid, on successful completion of payment of the order, you get a link to download the eBasta. When you click on the download link, a zip file of the eBasta gets saved on your System/Device. Unzip this file, and copy full to the device of your choice. Do not change the file or directory names.
- Once you have acquired the eBasta, the respective eBasta ‘zip’ file is available in the Order History Page. You can download it multiple times from there.
Benefits of using eBasta
School / Teachers
- The eBooks and other contents in the eBasta can be logically organised by the school / Teacher while making the eBasta.
- Teachers can select and bundle content according to their teaching methods.
- Access to a variety of resources – text, simulation, animations, audio books, videos, etc – to select from.
- Review, Comment, give a rating on eContents.
- Aid schools with lesser teaching resources to gain from the resources of better schools.
- Grant teachers who contribute content / generate more relevant collections nation-wide visibility.
- Simple access to interactive and dynamic content augmented with text, charts, graphics, videos, and auxiliary resource.
- eBastas are delivered by the internet no packaging no shipping and hence NO WAIT.
- eBasta’s are easy to carry
- Single point interface for reaching out to multiples of schools, throughout the country
- Benefit to register, sell and distribute ebooks & related interactive econtents online
- Overcome the logistical problems of book printing, transport, and delivery, mainly at remote locations
- Support for DRM from the pioneers in the Industry wherever needed
- Get direct feedback from teachers and students regarding eContents