A Research Grant by MoST for female candidates to pursue research in frontier areas of science and engineering, preferably those having a break in career (minimum two years) and not having regular employment, to explore possibility of re-entry into the profession.
This scheme will provide a research grant for a well-defined project proposal for a period of maximum three years. This grant will cover the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables, etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
The support is available in 5 disciplines under WOS-A namely, i) Physical & Mathematical Sciences (PMS), ii) Chemical Sciences (CS), iii) Life Sciences (LS), iv) Earth & Atmospheric Sciences (EAS), and v) Engineering Technology (ET).
The scheme plays pivotal role in gender mainstreaming as it not only prevents brain drain from S&T system but also train and retain women in the system. The scheme initially offers opportunity to work as bench-level scientists and ultimately open new avenues for permanent position in Science & Technology.
- Rs 55,000/- pm (and HRA as applicable) for Ph.D. or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.30 lakh)
- Rs 40,000/- pm (and HRA as applicable) for M.Phil./MTech or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.25 lakh)
- Rs 31,000/- pm (and HRA as applicable) for M.Sc. or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.20 lakh)
- This grant will cover the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables, etc.
- The benefits are provided for a period of maximum three years.
- The payment of the scholarship will be through DBT.
- The applicant must be a FEMALE.
- The applicant must either be unemployed or in a position other than regular/permanent position.
- The age of the applicant must be between 27 and 57 years (5 year relaxation for SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged candidates)
- The applicant must hold either of the following Minimum essential qualification –
- Minimum Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications.
- M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.VSc or equivalent qualifications.
- Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences.
Women in permanent position are not eligible to apply.
Step 1: Register at the online portal https://online-wosa.gov.in/wosa/ using your active email ID. An auto generated mail will be received with ID and link to create password.
Step 2: After logging in to the WOS-A portal, fill and submit full Project Proposal under WOS-A. Project Proposal Document (PPD) includes online submission and uploading the required documents in the said formats.
Step 3: Before submission preview your full proposal to make sure that everything is correct and in order. You will not be allowed to edit the contents after submission.
Step 4: You need to click on “Final Submit” button for final submission of proposal. Your proposal will remain save with your login ID and it may be saved in system and also can be printed.
There is no need to submit hard copy of proposal to DST.
- Project Proposal Document (Refer source for Format)
- Biodata of PI (Signed) (Refer source for Format)
- Mentor’s Biodata (Signed)
- Caste Certificate (If SC/ST/OBC/PH)
- DOB certificate (10th class passed only)
- Photograph of PI
- Signature of PI
- Highest Degree
- House Rent Allowance (if Eligible) (Refer source for Format)
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by GOVT.in staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)